DocuSign Product Release Information
DocuSign Winter ’15 Release
As part of the DocuSign Winter ’15 Release, we plan to deliver the following enhancements on December 5, 2014. To learn more, contact your DocuSign Account Manager.
New and Improved Signing Experience
We’re optimizing the signing experience to make it easier and faster for your customers to successfully complete documents. The new signing experience will offer improved usability, streamlined navigation, and a more modern look and feel.
Once released in production on December 5, 2014, customers will be automatically transitioned to the new and improved signing experience unless they take action (see "new information about roll out options" section below). DocuSign will continue to offer the previous signing experience until January 8, 2016, at which point all users will be automatically transitioned to the new signing experience. DocuSign will not make any bug fixes to the previous signing experience after March 6, 2015.
Additional Information: The new and improved signing experience is currently available in your Demo environment, and beginning November 21 will be the default Demo environment experience. We recommend you test it now by sending and signing at least 3 documents and checking that any customized branding you’ve implemented is appearing correctly.
Customer account administrators can manage the “DocuSign Winter ’15 Signing Experience” option in the Classic DocuSign Experience web application under Preferences. Customers must manage this setting for their demo and production environments separately. Detailed information is available in the New and Improved Signing Experience Info Guide or you can watch this quick video to see it in action.
For customers using resource file branding customizations, this release will maintain backward compatibility with your existing files. However, we will be deprecating some resource file nodes that no longer apply in the new and improved signing experience and adding new strings. A list is available in the Info Guide , and we will continue to update this list.
New Information about Roll Out Options
As previously communicated, for customers that prefer to remain on the previous version, customer account administrators are able to change this option in the Classic DocuSign Experience web application in Preferences > Features by clearing the DocuSign Winter ’15 Signing Experience option. Account administrators can also apply this setting for select users in their account, allowing them to use the new and improved experience while others remain on the previous version.
Based on your feedback, we've added the ability for administrators to access and apply this setting for their production account(s) as early as November 21, 2014.
Please note if your account uses the signing accessibility or digital signatures features, these features are currently not supported in the new and improved signing experience. DocuSign will not automatically transition your account to the new signing experience on December 5, but we recommend you confirm your settings in Preferences > Features. These features will be available in an upcoming release.
- November 21, 2014: All demo accounts will be automatically switched to the new and improved signing experience. Admins may continue to manage this setting in Preferences. Customers may begin to control the signing version for their Production account(s) in Preferences.
- December 5, 2014: All accounts are automatically transitioned to the new and improved signing experience unless the administrator has taken action. Administrators may continue to control signing version.
- August 31, 2015: All accounts are automatically transitioned to the new and improved signing experience and the previous signing experience will be shut off.
Please send us your feedback! SigningFeedback@docusign.com.
Monthly Service Pack Announcement
DocuSign releases Service Packs on the first Friday of every month in order to provide you access to the latest new capabilities and performance improvements. We are now extending the testing period for Service Packs on the demo environment from one week to two. Please use this time to test and give us feedback. These Service Packs apply to our Platform/APIs, Classic DocuSign Experience and Signing Experience.
Check back here for Service Pack release notes, which will be available two weeks before production release.
New DocuSign Experience
The New DocuSign Experience is the next generation of the DocuSign user interface that makes it easier, faster and more intuitive than ever for your users to send and manage documents. We are adding capabilities to the New DocuSign Experience every two weeks, including popular features from the Classic DocuSign Experience, as well as entirely new capabilities. Functionality that is coming soon includes*:
- Reporting: View, edit, and export standard reports on documents, recipients, and usage. In addition, you have the ability to schedule recurring reports for email delivery. (Available now)
- Branding: Add your company logo and color schemes to the New DocuSign Experience and recipient signing views. (Available now)
- Custom Fields: Speed up your document preparation by creating custom versions of standard fields and save them for future use. Define any combinations of field properties, such as font type or size, or a validation setting. (Available in December)
- Markup: Enable certain fields to be editable by downstream signers. DocuSign manages, changes, and requests the initials of other parties before accepting a change. The transaction history tracks all the finalized changes. (Available in December)
- SMS Authentication$: Send a one-time passcode via SMS text messaging that a signer must enter to access your documents. (Available in December)
- Powerforms: Generate on demand, self-service documents for signature. This helps eliminate document preparation time and easily pulls data into existing applications. (Available in December)
The New DocuSign Experience is completely optional and is enabled by account administrators. We have added the most common sending, signing, and management functionality; however some advanced features that are in the Classic DocuSign Experience are not yet available in the New DocuSign Experience. Review the New DocuSign Experience Feature Availability List for further details.
We recommend trying the New DocuSign Experience on Demo now to see if the functionality meets your users’ needs. Please note that account administrators must switch to the Classic DocuSign Experience to access administrative capabilities.
To enable your account with the ability to control which experience your users see, contact your Account Manager. Once enabled, you'll be able to control your settings and choose which experience suits your needs.
More information, including how to enable the New DocuSign Experience, is available at www.docusign.com/new-experience.
New Language Setting and Email Language Logic
Users will now have their preferred language associated with them. This setting can be specified at account creation for new users and modified for existing users. All emails sent from the DocuSign application will leverage the new language setting. More information on how the email logic works will be available in the release notes.
DocuSign for iOS: DocuSign Mobile is making it easier than ever to DocuSign in the field. Functionally that is coming soon includes:
- Office 365 Integration: Log into the app with your Office 365 credentials as well as access documents from SharePoint. (Available in November)
- Homepage Redesign: Instantly see the status of your documents with the new homepage look and feel. (Available in December)
- Localization: We’re making DocuSign for iOS available in 10 languages including French, German, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese, Dutch, Russian, Japanese, Korean, and Simplified Chinese. (Available in December)
DocuSign for Android: Place fields and signature tags on documents to guide signers through a simple and intuitive experience. (Available in October)
DocuSign for Windows: Now Windows Phone and Windows 8 users will be able to take advantage of offline signing, including the ability to prepare, sign, and send documents while offline.
We’re also adding support for in-person signing. This feature lets users set up a document or template with a “Sign In Person” role, and then open it on their Windows Phone or tablet to have a recipient complete a transaction.
DocuSign for SharePoint 2013: Based on your feedback, we’re adding support for SharePoint 2013. Users will be able to sign and send documents stored in a Microsoft SharePoint document library. Users can track the status of documents along the way, and signed documents are automatically saved to a dedicated folder. (Available in November)
DocuSign Chrome Extension: With the extension, you’ll be able to sign and send files directly from Gmail attachments and Dropbox as well as quickly manage your DocuSign documents right from your desktop. Use the desktop panel to access important DocuSign documents that need action and send using existing templates. (Available in December)
DocuSign Transaction Rooms for Real Estate
DocuSign Transaction Rooms is a key component of DocuSign for Real Estate PLUS plans, which combines the power of eSignatures with secure Transaction Rooms in the cloud. Updates for the DocuSign Winter ’15 Release will include a richer integration with zipForm® Plus: With our enhanced integration, agents and brokers can take advantage of broader zipForm capabilities right from within their Transaction Rooms. This means you can easily access zipForm forms, as well as import and work with pre-tagged forms. (Available in December)
New Support Site
To make navigating our support site, www.docusign.com/support, even simpler and more intuitive, we have refreshed our support webpage in order to provide the best customer experience possible. We will also be adding responsive design to support mobile access, search enhancements based on product for more targeted results, and more. (Available now)
All features included in this announcement are subject to change. We welcome and encourage your feedback on further improvements. Please send feedback or suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
*These capabilities are not available in all plans. To find out if your plan has one of these features, visit www.docusign.com/products-and-pricing or speak with your account manager.
$ Available as an add-on for an additional fee.
Questions or problems? Contact Us