Work from home is more popular than ever before, and while the benefits of remote work are substantial, it can also impact workflow and communication within an organisation. This is especially true when you rely on traditional paper-based signatures, which result in slower pace of business, higher costs and frustrated customers and employees.
Integrating an electronic signature solution such as DocuSign eSignature into your business means you can streamline the signing process and simplify the way in which your business communicates with other organisations, employees and customers. Crucially for work from home, it provides freedom to electronically sign and return documents from almost anywhere in the world, using practically any device.
What is an electronic signature and when can it be used?
You can use an electronic signature to sign documents online, removing the need to sign paper documents with a wet ink signature. Software is easy to use across all of the agreements that your business makes with customers, suppliers, and employees. As with wet signatures, an electronic signature provides evidence that the signer accepts or agrees with whatever is set out in the document, and is legally binding in Canada and safe.
DocuSign is used across industries, regions and organisations large and small. DocuSign eSignature can be used on an array of agreements including; legal documents, property agreements and HR documentation.
It allows you to:
- Integrate with other apps and document management systems
- Use ready-made templates
- Verify a customer’s identity with DocuSign Identify
How does electronic signature support work from home?
- Improves time management and efficiency. In so many areas of business now, there is a need for speed. Electronic signatures cut back on the amount of paperwork and mean that you can receive signed documents back from colleagues and clients much more quickly and efficiently. It also reduces the likelihood of errors, which can slow down business operations.
- Convenient and versatile. Businesses have customers, employees and contacts based around the world. So, it makes sense that you are able to send documentation to anyone, anywhere, for them to electronically sign at a time that suits them. They can then send these back quickly and securely via a smartphone or tablet if they are on the go. Documents that require an electronic signature can also be sent in different languages, meaning that communication is no longer an issue.
- Safe and secure. Businesses often have to send out confidential, even sensitive, information or data to be signed and sent back. Knowing you can do that securely and safely is vital. Whether it’s a new hire agreement, NDA or sales contract that requires a signature, doing it digitally means sensitive documents can be encrypted and do not have to rely on the postal service or an antiquated fax system.
- Is legally binding. DocuSign eSignature enables multiple parties in different jurisdictions to complete agreements in a legally valid way. DocuSign eSignature complies with Canada Law, the U.S. federal ESIGN Act and UETA and the European Union eIDAS Regulation.
- Creates a clear, digital audit trail. Implementing a new process can sometimes cause disruption, which can be off-putting when a business needs to be able to carry on operationally. The good news is that electronic signature can be embedded into many of the systems and applications your business is already using. You can create documents in a variety of formats and then upload to a range of file sharing sites, making them easy to access.
How can I enable electronic signature?
Signing a document electronically is really quick and easy for both the sender and the signer. Once you register to and enable your electronic signature account, you can sign, send and track all of your documents from your dashboard.
Embracing electronic signatures in your business is quick and easy. With the many benefits associated with digitising your signatory processes that support remote working, switching to electronic signatures should be a natural next step for your business.
You can start a free 30 days trial to get started with electronic signature.