How to Quickly Enable Electronic Signature to Support Work from Home
Work from home is more popular than ever before, and while the benefits of remote work are substantial, it can also impact workflow and communication within an organization. This is especially true when you rely on traditional paper-based signatures, which result in a slower pace of business, higher costs, and all too often, frustrated customers and employees.
Integrating an electronic signature solution such as DocuSign eSignature into your business lets you streamline signing processes and simplify the way in which your business communicates with other organizations, employees and customers. Crucially for work from home, it provides freedom to electronically sign and return documents from almost anywhere in the world, using practically any device.
What is an electronic signature and when can it be used?
You can use an electronic signature to sign documents online, eliminating paper documents with a wet ink signature. Software is easy to use across all of the agreements that your business makes with customers, suppliers, and employees. As with wet signatures, an electronic signature provides evidence that the signer accepts or agrees with the terms set out in the document. It is legally binding in Canada and it is safe.
DocuSign is used across industries, regions and organizations large and small. DocuSign eSignature can be used on an array of agreements including; legal documents, property agreements and HR documentation.
It allows you to:
- Integrate with other apps and document management systems
- Use ready-made templates
- Verify a customer’s identity with DocuSign Identify
How does electronic signature support work from home?
- Improves time management and efficiency In so many areas of business, there is a need for speed. Electronic signatures cut back on physical paperwork and speed up the process of getting signed documents back from colleagues and clients. They also reduces the likelihood of errors, which can slow down business operations.
- Convenient and versatile Businesses have customers, employees and contacts around the world, so it makes sense to be able to send documentation to anyone, anywhere, and make it easy for them to electronically sign at a time that suits them. Documents are routed quickly and securely via PC, tablet or phone. Documents can be prepared in multiple languages so localization is not an issue.
- Safe and secure Businesses often have to send out confidential, even sensitive, information to be signed and sent back. Knowing you can do that securely and safely is vital. Whether it’s a new hire agreement, NDA, or sales contract that requires a signature, digitizing the process means sensitive documents are securely encrypted as they route to different parties, without relying on post, courier or antiquated fax systems.
- Is legally binding DocuSign eSignature enables multiple parties in different jurisdictions to complete agreements in a legally valid way. DocuSign eSignature complies with Canada Law, the U.S. federal ESIGN Act and UETA and the European Union eIDAS Regulation.
- Creates a clear, digital audit trail Electronic signature can be embedded into many of the systems and applications your business is already using, so implementation is relatively seamless. You can create documents in a variety of formats , then upload to a range of centralized file sharing sites, making them easy to access.
How can I enable electronic signature?
Signing a document electronically is quick and easy for both the sender and the signer. For the sender, register and enable your electronic signature account, then sign, send and track all of your documents from your dashboard. For the signer, no account, license or special software is required – just a valid link to the document.
Embracing electronic signatures in your business is simple and secure. With the many benefits associated with digitizing signing processes that support remote working, switching to electronic signatures should be a natural next step for your business.
Begin your free 30-day trial to get started with electronic signature.